By Hadhrat Maulana Abdur Raheem Limbada Saahib
ETIQUETTES OF USING THE INTERNET
1. Taqwa is a must in a Muslim’s life. It means being constantly aware of Allah’s presence. Be mindful of Allah. Do not go on the Internet unless you really need to do so.
2. Correct your intention for going on the net. Make sure you open it with a good intention, e.g. doing some research or light halal entertainment. The first hadith of saheeh Bukhari is about correcting intentions.
3. Open the net with Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.
4. Make a firm intention not to sin. Say to yourself “No matter how much Shaytan attacks me, I’m not going to disobey Allah.”
5. Use all safety features to block out indecent material.
6. If you do happen to sin, repent immediately & seek forgiveness from Allah. If you break the tawba, do it again, and again. Even if you break your tawba 100 times, keep doing it; InshaAllah one day you will become steadfast.
7. Time is your most valuable asset. Don’t waste it. Utilise it well.